Tips For Raising Pledges
In our 10th year, we ask that all adult riders set a personal fundraising goal of $100 or more. You can do it! Here are some ideas to help you get on the road:
- Get started early. Sign up & start raising today!
- Set a reach goal, just beyond what you think you can achieve. If you beat your own expectations, you can always increase your goal, too!
- Set up your fundraising page. Make sure you're logged in at the top right corner of the Rock to Rock home page. When you are on your fundraising page, click on the little pencil icons to update your photo, change your story. Tell a quick personal story, sharing why the organizations you are supporting matter to you. Include a photo and a link to a video. Have fun.
- Ask!You can send emails directly from our web site! Make sure you're logged in at the top right corner of the home page, then choose the "messages" option from the black bar at the top of the page. Or, if you prefer, you can send personal messages from your own email of social media.You never know who will pledge your ride, unless you ask! Remember you are not asking for yourself, but for a cause important to you. Ask your:
Friends and family
Church or synagogue, parents’ friends, your community garden
Current and former coworkers, classmates, fellow alumni
Exercise classmates, book club, cycling club
- Don’t be shy -- remind people. It is just fine to ask more than once. People need reminders. Use Facebook, Twitter, etc. Throw a party, make face to face requests. Send thank yous!
- Get creative. Offer baked goods, a knit hat, or something special to one or all of your donors. Offer to ride farther or wear a costume if people donate more. Write a rap, song or poem. Post a video of it on your page.
THANK YOU for helping us create a healthier, greener community and planet!
Wondering what your support makes possible? Learn what happens when you ride and raise.
We'd love to reward you for your fundraising efforts. Check out a list of prizes.
Receive a donation by check or cash? Learn what to do next.