Tips For Raising Pledges
In 2016, we ask that all adult riders set a personal fundraising goal of $100 or more. You can do it! Here are some ideas to help you get on the road:
- Get started early. Sign up & start raising today!
- Set an ambitious goal, just beyond what you think you can achieve.
- Set up your fundraising page. Make sure you're logged in at the top right corner of the Rock to Rock home page, and choose to edit your page from the dashboard. Tell a quick personal story. Include a photo and a link to a video. Have fun.
- Ask everyone you know.You can send emails directly from our web site! Make sure you're logged in at the top right corner of the home page, then choose the "messages" option from the black bar at the top of the page. You never know who will pledge your ride, unless you ask! Remember you are not asking for yourself, but for a cause important to you. Ask your:
Church or synagogue, parents’ friends, your community garden
Current and former coworkers, classmates, fellow alumni
Exercise classmates, book club, cycling club
- Don’t be shy -- remind people. It is smart to ask more than once. People need reminders. Use Facebook, Twitter, etc. Throw a party, make face to face requests. Send thank yous!
- Get creative. Offer to raffle off a prize of baked goods, a knit hat, or something special to one or all of your donors. Write a rap, song or poem. Post a video of it on your page.
THANK YOU for helping us create a healthier, greener community and planet!
Wondering what your support makes possible? Learn what happens when you ride and raise.
We'd love to reward you for your fundraising efforts. Check out a list of prizes.
Receive a donation by check or cash? You can log it as an offline donation from your fundraising dashboard. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help, and for instructions on how to get your offiline donations to the organization of your choice!